Sunday, February 2, 2014

Another Valentine

I attempted to create a Valentine card using a couple of the Valentine-specific files I purchased from the Silhouette store. I began by drawing a rectangle, sizing it to 11" wide by 4.25" high. I drew a line 4.25" high, centered it in my rectangle, opened the line styles and perforated the line. My card opens side-ways. The innovative thing I was attempting is to have my cut file wrap around to the back of the card so that my card is as pretty on the back as on the front. I chose 'Love' by Tanya Batrak from the Silhouette store and sized it to a height of 4.25", so it would fill my side-ways opening A2 card top to bottom and spill around the backside.

I selected a honey-comb patterned pink and ivory cardstock which was single-sided. The length of the cut file is about 10" so it looks pretty good wrapping around to the back of my card. The stark white of the inside of my Valentine made me sad, so I covered it with 'Heart Background/Template' by Sarah Hurley in pink. That was laid over the same red coverstock that I had used for the exterior 'Love' cut file. The heart background is only 6" by 6", so I duplicated it and welded them together, then positioned this very long template where I wanted it in relation to my card, opened the modify window and cropped it to fit within my card. Better. This also created an abundance of pink heart confetti that I could scatter around the card. Some of these I popped-up. I also added an arrow and its offset and popped it onto the front.

I created an offset and also traced another Valentine themed cut file: 'Love is All you Need' by Jennifer Wambach in order to get two shades of pink and an ivory backing. Then I made a sunny yellow sunburst, 'Circle Burst' by Silhouette, to put behind it in order to balance all that red and pink. A heart tag from '3 Layered Heart Tags' by Kollette Hall, which I popped up, with a butterflied heart inset just seemed right. I tied pink and white bakers' twine around the fold.

I may add some Stickles glitter touches inside and on the back before I'm fully satisfied.

I had so much fun with this and learned while creating it.

This is the front of my card
 
 
I like how the 'Love' cut file wraps around to the back of my card.
 
Inside view
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment